Besides our catalog of premium Danube Caviar products, we also offer our clients select consulting and research services in the aquaculture field.
Having vast experience in the field of aqua farming and sturgeon farming, our team has collaborated on numerous research and development projects. Over the years these have contributed to increasing efficiency in our farms, improving product yields and ensuring the highest quality of our products.
We’re glad to share some of that experience with out clients. That’s why we offer consulting services for developing aquaculture business plans and implementing EU funds in this sector.
We also offer breeding stock for sturgeon aquaculture farms, including:
- Fertilized sturgeon eggs
- Sturgeon Larvae
- Sturgeon fingerlings
Each of these is available from four species of sturgeon: Osetra (Acipenser gueldenstaedtii), Beluga (Huso huso), Sevruga (Acipenser stellatus) and Beluga hybrids (Bester).
Projects and publications
Our research projects and publications include:
- “Present status conservation and sustainable use of sturgeon population of the lower Danube River , Romania” (European congress of Ichthyology , 9 –14 sept. 2007, Dubrovnik , Croatia);
- “Action Plan for the Conservation of sturgeons (Acipenseridae) in the Danube River Basin” ( Nature and Enviroment No 144 / Council of Europe Publishing / 2007 );
- “Research on sex and gonad development assessment in sturgeons (Acipenser guldenstaedti) by ultrasound“
Consultancy roles in the development of:
- Romanian aquaculture farm “Gavella”
- “Florena House” fishery and aquaculture farm
- “Premium Fish” aquaculture and fishery
- Aquafarm “Vasiliati”
Contracts for supplying sturgeon fingerlings and fertilized eggs for aquafarms and conservation efforts:
- Apa Nova/Veolia – since 2011 we supply them yearly with a thousand specimens of Acipenser stellatus for conservation efforts
- CNAFP – larvae and over 35.000 fingerlings for re-population of the Danube with Acipenser gueldenstaedtii, Acipenser stellatus and Huso Huso
- ANPA – 3500 Huso Huso fingerlings for Danube re-population
- Over 20 private companies from the EU, USA and Romania rely Danube Caviar to supply them with sturgeon fingerlings, fertilized eggs for aquaculture farms